Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Baby Lenora Is Here!


Our little baby Lenora has finally come to join our little family, But it wasn't without some long hours of labor. . . . on the part of Jody. It was really hard to see Jody going through so much pain, but she handled it quite well, even though the epidural wore off. . . 3 times! Who knows what really happened, but the anesthesiologist  had to come back every hour or so to pump her full of meds to keep the pain manageable. 

Lenora was born at 12:13 am September 30, 2008 with a full head of hair and the longest eyelashes i've ever seen. She was 8 lbs 14 oz and 21 inches long. The doctor had Jody pushing for about 10 min before the baby came out (the doctor helped out with his salad tongs. . . at least I think thats what they were). Lenora is very healthy, nursing great, and likes to cry occasionally. Its so fun to hold her and just have her here with us. 

Jody's mom was in the room for a good potion of the labor and helped out a lot during the more intense contractions and the delivery. I called my parents after the delivery and after the doctors were done doing initial checks on Jody and the Baby and they asked if they could come by and see us. As soon as I said they could, they surprised us by walking in the delivery room. They were waiting for about an hour outside the hospital for the news. 

It was great to have the support of family as Jody and I became parents today. It has really brought a new sense of gratitude to us for our parents, and especially our mothers. 

Thanks to all of you who have been a support throughout the pregnancy. I don't think things would have been as smooth as they have been without your help. Thanks.






13 comments:

The Evans Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We wish we could come and see you guys, and hold our new little niece. She is SO perfect. Jody I hope you are doing well. Take care of her Mark. We love you guys!

Brian, Natalie, Kyrie said...

Wow, she is beautiful! We are so happy for you three. Congratulations, we love you!

Cyndy Parkinson said...

Jody & Mark,
Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to share in the birth of your first daughter. The miracle of birth never ceases to amaze me. Jody was a real trooper. I'm proud of you both!
Love, MOM
P.S. She is much cuter than the photo in person!!

Steph Revelli said...

congrats you guys!!! She's beautiful! I can't wait to meet her!

CrAiG & MaNdIe SuE said...

AHHHH oh my gosh, I have to come see her!!! Jodi she has hair!!! you were hoping she would have hair! she is BEAUTIFUL, I LOVE HER SOO MUCH! Lenora! cute! different and unique and thats my style!! I love it! ah can you imagine little lenora in a cute little dress for my wedding?!?! I can!! Im going to be somewhat kinda related to her and thats exciting!! Mark Im pretty surprise on how cute your baby is.. I mean she must of got more of jod's looks, cause dang she is cute!! jk mark your a little hottie!! yea! congrats!! I need to come see you guys, and bring you a little gift!! LOVE YOU 3!!

CrAiG & MaNdIe SuE said...

I know call me dramatic!! craig does.. but he still loves me cause he is marrying me bahaha.. love ya guys!

Julian said...

Yeah for babies outside of the womb!
So Pretty.

Val Murphy said...

Yay! Glad everything went well! She's a doll...congratulations you two!

The Johnson Family said...

I'm so happy for you, You look beautiful and Lenora is gorgeous! Enjoy these first few weeks, they are so precious. Please call me if I can do anything, even if you just need a nap, I would love to come hold baby girl for a while. Love ya

Parkinson Family said...

congratulations! shes so cute! you guys look great!

Rhiannon said...

congrats!!! what a darling little girl! i can't wait to come see her (& you) let me know if you need anything.

Dori said...

Congrats guys...the hospital was always my favorite part because you have time to sit and look and love your baby. What an amazing thing huh! Fred says congrats too and we hope to see you in November

Benjamin said...

Yeah for babies, what a true miracle. She is beautiful and Jody you are beautiful too. We can't wait to come see her (you guys too!) Early November?